Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Wednesday

7:30 a.m.: wake up

8:30 - 9:15 a.m.: Sleep on bus to Taipei

9:30 - 12:30: Chinese class

1 - 2 p.m.: sleep on bus back to Nankan

2:30 - 3:30p.m.: sleep in house

4 - 6 p.m.: go to work (still sleepy)

9 p.m.: go to bed. sleep for 10.5 hours

After all that sleep - I was still able to nap on the bus back to Nankan today. Truth be told, I hadn't slept well for a few nights - so I'm sure that contributed to yesterday's semi-hibernation.

Still, I'm rather amazed/appalled at my new-found ability to sit around, sleep, and do nothing on Saturdays (or in this case, on a Wednesday too). Today it was about 84 F (29 C) and humid, yesterday about the same. If it were 20-degrees colder I'd feel guilty and depressed. But in this weather it's just impossible to care.

No comments: