Saturday, July 18, 2009

Update on My Rising Star

It's been a week since we fired off our movie treatment.

A week was long enough for me to decide if anything did come of our movie dabblings, I would beat tracks out of Nankan, and get a place in Tienmu - a posh part of Taipei where lots of westerners live (also where the Taipei baseball team plays). I would buy a new Coach bag and a toy poodle. I would name the poodle Ping-Ping and take him to Chinese obedience classes, therefore upon my return to America anyone who wanted to talk to my dog would have to learn Chinese. I would also buy lots of clothes from fancy Japanese department stores.

Nevermind, anything we might be paid for our writing probably wouldn't cover any of those things - except the purse - but a girl can dream.

Anyways, so far all we heard back was the director and the producer are busy with lots of projects right now. The producer said she was working on some notes and would get back to us. We're hoping that's not moviespeak for, "Don't call us, we'll call you." But I guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

No comments: