Friday, October 2, 2009

Chris Rock on Roman Polanski

When Roman Polanski was arrested this week, I honestly really wanted a reason to feel sympathetic. Frantic, The Pianist and Chinatown are awesome movies. And Rosemary's Baby is definitely in my top five for horror.

But I got to reading the news, and there isn't a reason. Yes, he's a holocaust victim. Yes, his wife was murdered when she was 8 months pregnant. But you don't get to pay for your sins in advance. Having sex with a child my brother's age is unforgivable.

Then there was this peverted outpouring of support in Hollywood. Whoopi said it wasn't "rape-rape." Uhhh...

So I was glad to hear one of my favorite comedians talking some sense:

“People are defending Roman Polanski because he made some good movies?!? Even Johnnie Cochran don’t have the nerve to go, ‘Well, did you see O.J. play against New England?’” Chris Rock said on Leno.

And while I'm appreciating Chris Rock, check out some classic segments: Abortion, Rap Music, Bullet Control.

2 comments:

MitMoi said...

And did you see? WOODY ALLEN has signed the "Hollywood Writers/Directors/Producers" in support of Polanski.

WOODY "Hello-I-married-my-underage-daughter" Allen.

I think that's called irony.

Or bad taste.

Leslie said...

ugh, yeah. That guy. You'd think he would've kept his mouth shut BECAUSE he wanted to defend Polanski. Having Woody Allen defend your sexual proclivities should be the last thing anyone wants.