Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy, Busy

James got here Wednesday. It is now 6pm Monday evening and we have yet to spend an entire day together. He arrived during the busiest week of the month for the magazine.

I worked through the weekend: Sunday I had to work because the government changed the week around so we could all have a three-day break for Mid-Autumn Festival. I guess it's too much to just give the people a three-day holiday. Saturday I worked a half-day because I had to be present at the photo shoot for the cover story, but that was fun. And every time I say/write it, I feel a little bit glamorous, I have to admit.

I worked through the weekend before last from home, writing my tail off. So basically I haven't had a full day off in ... a long time.

But having James around again is pretty much awesome. As I type, he's in the midst of the first of three job interviews he has this week. Fingers crossed on that.

After 9 months apart, a brief conversation:

Me: "I missed you so much."

Him: "Did you know the skin on your elbow is called a wenis?"

Same as it ever was...

No comments: