Saturday, January 8, 2011

Over Too Soon

Oh it is tough and sad to live so far away from my family. It's my last night in town and I already feel homesick. Ah well, let's not dwell on that.

Everyone over here is so worried about the economy. They have every right to be, but I'm worried about the fact that plastic soda bottles got bigger since I expatriated, as did those frappucinos they sell in grocery stores. Eew.

Other things I discovered upon returning: Al Gore cheated on Tipper (how did I miss that!?). I love the Bed Intruder song and Hey Soul Sister, neither of which are particularly new. My brothers introduced me to Gabriel Iglesias, and cracked me up countless times quoting the Crocodile Hunter bit. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch much trashy TV - only one episode of Millionaire Matchmaker.

I'm going to miss playing games and hanging out with my brothers. Hanging out with 12- and 14-year-old boys is pretty much non-stop hilarious. I'll miss Billy's Christopher Walken impression and all the post-dinner guitar concerts. I'm not going to miss Jesus of Suburbia on endless replay or being asphyxiated in the car between two teenagers while my parents hop into the Cash & Carry.

It's almost 11 and I still have stuff to do before I go, but before I get on with it here's a little picture recap of my wonderful vacation:

The boys play cards and wait for everyone to get up Christmas morning.

Ricky and I got robes. Nice and cozy for those below-freezing Shanghai nights.


Three generations
Grandma at the dinner table.
Siltcoos boardwalk trail


Heceta Lighthouse
The dog! I can't get enough of this dog.
He's just so sweet.
Family walking the boardwalk.
Billy shows off his jumping skillz.
Kayaking on Woahink

For bigger versions go here.

Here's hoping for an uneventful flight. Goodnight.

1 comment:

MW (My Wish) said...

I understand how hard it is to live far away from home. Such is the trade of for adventures in the world.

Your grandma looks very kind and best wishes for her.