Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Two co-workers left at the end of September, which now makes me the second longest-standing employee in editorial, how terrifying. Ma blew threw for a week, leaving her summary judgement on my fair city ("If Leslie weren't here I wouldn't ever come back"). Then I survived a 100mph highway night ride to Huaxi, China's richest little big village. Friday I'm flying up to Beijing for work, get back Monday - am so looking forward to a full weekend in my own apartment.

Usually when people leave our company they send out mass goodbye emails, thanking the relevant colleagues in the proper order to give the right amount of face...When our arts editorial assistant left she just blasted off a poem to everyone. I thought it was very sweet and decided to share:

Very quietly I take my leave,

As quietly as I came here; 

Quietly I wave good-bye,

To the rosy clouds in the western sky.


-Xu Zhimo

No comments: