Thursday, November 29, 2012

And now for a terrible gold Audi

An Audi is expensive. An Audi in China is considerably more expensive due to luxury tax. An imported Audi with a shiny-shiny paint job? I shudder to think.

I saw this car outside my office while returning from lunch. I think my exact words to my coworkers were, "Look at that terrible gold Audi, I better take a picture of it." Its driver roared off after I was done. I reckon he thought I was impressed instead of the opposite, though I couldn't stop laughing while I snapped it.

And thing is, it isn't even that unique. There's a Lambo that looks like a piece of macaroni that parks in our neighborhood. I heard that some time ago an orange matte BMW made a big splash at car shows and rich Chinese people have been investing in pee-colored coaches ever since.

Now if said Audi driver would've taken some of that make-my-Audi-look-like-fool's-gold money and passed it to me, I could've selected a nice classy color for him. At least, that's what I always think to myself when I see stuff like this.

No comments: