Friday, August 29, 2008

Inaugural Blog

Three months ago I finished college. In a week I’ll be 22. I have no job. And I’m leaving the country. Under said conditions, there was clearly just one thing left to do: start a self-aggrandizing public diary of my daily canoodling.

If I had a rose garden, I’d strike up the band and lay a hand on the nearest religious text. Then there would be a big ball in which I would celebrate my achievement, which was badgering my boyfriend into making a web page for me. Yeah, that’s right. I didn’t even do it myself.

But there’s no rose garden here, just some gladiolas and sunflowers blooming against the corrugated metal siding of my parents’ garage. Instead I’ll take the opportunity to say, “Hello, Internet.” Welcome to what I hope will be an unboring account of why I’m right about everything.

No comments: