Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa Comes to Nankan

After a long day at the buxiban (which I will post about tomorrow), James and I had a quiet Christmas Eve at home. We sat beside our apartment's only greenery, our baby cacti garden, and exchanged presents.
in lieu of a tree
I gave James a leather wallet, but he had dig through a goody bag filled with Western foods to find it.
From Taiwan Christmas
Brats and processed cheese: A pretty good Christmas gift, if I do say so myself
He gave me a bling pair of earrings, but my left hole has closed up again. I jammed wildly at my earlobe for a few minutes until James called me off, "Quit it! It's okay! Maybe you can just wear one - like a sailor!" Guess I'll have to go under the piercing gun a third time.

We started watching A Christmas Story, but I fell asleep, and at midnight we split a pomegranate before hitting the hay.

"This will be the first year I don't get any presents from Santa Claus," I remarked before passing out, maybe an insy teensy winsy bit sad for it.

But when I awoke...
Presents from Santa!
I found some milk and cookie crumbs by our baby cacti.

Santa brought me a giant "Glamorous Banana!" Lucky girl!


Santa gave me a big cushy stuffed banana with a red sticker that says "Glamorous Banana." Santa must be very attune to my affinity for adorable things that are yellow. He also gave me Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, which I plan on starting as soon as I'm finished with Burmese Days by George Orwell.

I think I must've been much better than James this year. Santa wrote "You've been a very good girl," on one of my two presents. James only got one present from Santa, The Stand by Stephen King, and his note said, "Dear James, Read a f---ing book."

Merry Christmas family, friends, and internet. I hope that are you spending it with people you love, wherever you may be.

1 comment:

MitMoi said...

Merry Christmas, Ms. Glamorous-Banana-rama!

~Mit