Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bye Again

I'm sitting at the gate, about to head back to Shanghai, enjoying my last hour of unfettered internet access. I feel like I should pull up some dirty pictures, just because I can, but there are families around.

Today I picked up my z visa, a license to live and work in the PRC. Thankfully, it only took about 5 minutes this time. Then I went to Hong Kong park and sat by a manmade waterfall reading When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris for a couple hours - trying not to dread the return to work. Work isn't so bad, but Hong Kong is so nice and clean and easy. Really, it's the nicest city I've been in for quite awhile: When I was home in the States, I only passed through San Francisco, I spent three months on the Oregon Coast and never even made it up to Portland. Before that it was five months of traveling and before that Taiwan.

This was the longest trip I've ever taken completely by myself. I'm not ready to make a habit of it, but I had a good time.

Clarification per my last post: I told the med student I had a lazy eye. He didn't notice. My aunt asked, because she never notices. My brother sure does, and lets me know every time.

No comments: