Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Morning Dad

I know my blog traffic has gone down the crapper, directly corresponding to the infrequency of my posts. I also know my dad gets up in the morning and checks too see if I posted. Up until now, I've only been posting when I can think of something quasi-clever or interesting to write.

But I'm a busy bee - both at work and socially - so I'm going to try a new strategy now. Post more frequently. But not worry about if the entry is a tad mundane and has a lame-o title like "Good Morning Dad."

I may be taking on more responsibility at work soon. My boss suggested it by text Sunday, I said I was interested. Monday he asked me in-person. I reiterated my interest but also said I hoped he'd toss a little more green my way...(if only I'd been more eloquent. But I wasn't.). He said something like "leave that to me" and I haven't heard anymore about it.

But I am writing the October cover story! I pitched an idea yesterday, and the chief likes it! 

Monday night Chef Mike and I went to dinner at our friends' house. We ate delicious pasta, had plenty of wine, and we all decided we're going  camping sometime in the next couple months. Then Chef Mike and I left with a stack of borrowed DVDs and a huge hardcover zombie comic book. That made us pretty giddy.

Tonight I went to dinner with my tea studio friend - the one who said I'm not a gentle lady - and today she told me I have a very American laugh, which I think means I laugh too loud. Meh. As Popeye would say, I yam what I yam.

Also at dinner was a video journalist from the Czech Republic who is reporting on Expo. We ate Sichuan food. Good thing I'm working from home tomorrow morning...Ahem.

That's it!

No comments: