Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mid-Week Update

Phew. I would say I can't wait for the weekend, but really I can't wait until I have my own place and am over the learning hump at work. It's been craaaaazy.

Tuesday was another busy day at work. That night my cool new friends (whom I met through Couchsurfer.org) took me out for Sichuan food and then on to a dive bar for a couple gin and tonics made with possibly the worst gin I've ever had (but hey, they cost $2US). Wednesday was also hugely busy at work. I was supposed to go house-seeing last night but I was so tired when I got home I canceled. I went to bed at 9 pm. I've woken up in the middle of the night every night so far, but I'm hopeful for tonight...

I saw one apartment this evening. I don't know. It's hard because I've never really went apartment hunting. In college it was always pretty much decided for me, and the same in Taiwan. I've seen several places that were unacceptable, and then one I really liked only to be told the potential roommates picked a different girl. Boo. I'm 23, but it still sucks to lose the popularity contest (though the competition was going to the same university as the girl in the apartment, that's a substantial leg up, no?). Plus I want a place in the right area, with decent people, and new bathroom fixtures, and good lighting. Am I being too picky?

Well I'm supposed to see places Saturday too. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the police station to register. Because that's what us foreigners have to do in China. 

That's all for now. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: