Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You May Ask Yourself: Well, How did I get here?


It's Tuesday. The last four days of my life have been almost entirely sustained by the kindness/guiles of marketers and PR-types. I went to the mountains outside Shanghai. Then I biked through a bamboo forest. Then I flew to Beijing. Then I stayed in an executive suite at the HYATT. And I ate and ate and ate.

It doesn't matter that it takes me 25 minutes to walk (quickly) to work - if I don't start saying no to these people I'm going to get fat. I ate so much in the last four days - it wouldn't matter if I wrote cover stories for the next four issues, there's no way the flack that fed me is going to get their money's worth. I'm like a goldfish. Put good food in front of me, I'm pretty sure I could eat myself to death.

The problem with media tours is when they take a day and a half out of your work week, you still have five days of work to do. I'm getting up early tomorrow to catch up. I was going to stay up late to catch up, but after a I-lost-count-course meal tonight, plus wine, I think I'm down for the count.

Barring any more unforeseen adventures this coming weekend, I will catch up on my blogging (I will! I will!).

No comments: