Monday, October 11, 2010

Crunch Week

All the magazine copy is due next Monday. And yesterday I didn't accomplish anything I wanted to because I spent half my day subediting a piece the government requires us to run (yeah, they can do that) that came with the suggested headline: "Altruism should be put forward in the human nature."

AAAAH!

Sometimes I get to go out and talk to cool people and learn neat things and I think my job is awesome. And then I always have to hustle back to the office and complete something that makes me want to tear my hair out.

But a cool thing happened this week - some guy contacted me through Facebook because he read my article and wants to interview one of the people I profiled for a job! She's really excited because she's been looking for something new.

I love when things like that happen based on something I wrote. One time I wrote a little story on a charity dog wash being held by a second grade class and someone who read about it wound up giving 1000 to their cause. That was pretty cool too.

Toodles!

No comments: