Monday, October 18, 2010

They used to be this cute


In the past 10 days my brothers turned 12 and 14. When I was 14 I used to wonder what it would be like when they were 14. I could image being in high school, going to college - but everything beyond that seemed too far out of reach to even guess.

Now I'm 24 and they're coming into their teen years. When I was in college I was a little bit sad to come home and have them be noticeably taller. As I get older, it seems like there are more things I'm missing out, not less: I've missed a few football seasons now. I missed Ricky's Pitch, Hit, Run regional championship. This summer I missed their big festival concert.

But it's good in a way. Even though we're far apart in age, and proximity, I feel like we're still close. I just hope they're looking forward to Christmas a fraction as much as I am.

No comments: