Monday, February 2, 2009

still got it

Today I found a space on the train next to a group of guys wearing prep jackets and sporting what I refer to simply as androgynous Asian rockstar hair.One was beatboxing while another did the robot. I tried not to look at them, as I got the feeling they were doing so for my benefit and I didn't want to encourage them. But they began giggling and looking at me, so I knew the approach was imminent. One came up and addressed me in Chinese.


Me: Ting bu dong. (I don't understand)

Him: Oh. You don't speak Chinese?

Me: No.

Him: Oh. Where are you from?

Me: America.

Him: Oh.

He turns back to his friends and they discuss amongst themselves.

Him: Your eyes are so beautiful.

Me: Oh. Thank you.

Him: How old are you?

Me: 22.

He laughs maniacally.

Me: What?

Him: You look so young!

Me: How old are you?

Him: 17.

Me: Oh, I'm way too old for you.

Him: I like your smile.

The conversation died shortly thereafter.


Maybe I should go back to the U.S. and troll for prom dates.

4 comments:

Ezra said...

Actually, Sadie Hawkins is just right around the corner.

love ezra

MitMoi said...

Leslie and the Boy Toys. It has the making of a great group. Or Book. Or play!

Word verification: scorood (sounds like screwed if you have trouble with the "r" sound, I think)

Unknown said...

Look up An Cafe. Visual Kei is a terrifying movement.

Leslie said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Kei

Oh man, if I were a young Asian man I would be all in that biznaz!

Thanks for the tip off, Lil.