Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You Can Vote However You Like

For the first and likely only time in my life, I can proudly say I am an overseas voter. Now I just want the damn thing over with so I can quit hitting refresh on my browser and get back to my life - eating, sleeping, reading books... I was the same way four years ago. If I had a calculator I could probably punch out a fairly accurate estimate as to how many hundreds of hours I will lose in my lifetime to obsessive news following during election season. But that would be a depressing endeavor.

In the spirit of the season, I thought I'd share the following. Who doesn't love kids singing hiphop in prep jackets and ties! Gosh, but the original song is so dirty.




I like the one white kid in back. He looks like he's having a good time. I also like that he appears to be holding his own. I never managed to stay on beat for a single elementary school dance recital. Of course, I didn't know it at the time. My mom waited to tell me how un-jazzy I looked in jazz class until she knew I was mature enough to not be crushed by the sad facts of life. Way to go, little guy.

No comments: