Monday, November 3, 2008

Dane Cook: Go away.

On the subway, at the bus stop, in the mall. Everywhere I go in Taipei I see Dane Cook's pooty face. They're selling this turd of a movie hard here. I guess the studios have to make up for a poor showing somewhere, but I wish they'd take it to the mainland or something. Every time I see that hairy simper, I strengthen my resolve to steer clear of yet another Dane Cook + downward-spiraling blonde celebrity flick.

Comedians work incredibly hard. So I can't begrudge a comedian who puts in his time on stage a few mediocre movies. I love Chris Rock stand up, so I tolerated I think I love My Wife. Steve Martin earned Cheaper by the Dozen with this - and countless other pieces of comedic genius. Dane Cook's stand up is (was?) alright, but not nearly excellent enough to earn my forgiveness for the filmic travesties he has participated in the last few years.

No comments: